Monday, July 12, 2010
• 1 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 (32 ounce) jar sliced dill pickles, drained (can use chips or spears)
• 1 quart vegetable oil for deep-frying
1. In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, 1 tablespoon of flour, and Worcestershire sauce. In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining flour, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep-fryer or heavy deep skillet. Dip pickle slices into the milk mixture, then into the flour mixture. Repeat dipping.
3. Place the pickles carefully into the hot oil. Avoid overcrowding by frying in several batches. Fry until pickles float to the surface, and are golden brown. Remove with a metal slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
Use Ranch or Thousand Island dressing for a yummy dipping sauce!