This one is so yummy, you'll never know it's healthy! Serve it with Lite Cornbread on the side or crumbled into the chili!
- 1 lb ground white meat chicken or turkey
- 5 green onions, plus more for ganish
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 small tomatoes (vine ripened are better)
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp lite salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup skim milk
- olive oil
sour cream and shredded cheese for garnish.
**Freshly shredded always tastes and melts better. If you have a food processor, it will shred a block in just a few seconds and you can store unused shredded cheese in a baggy or dish with a lid.
Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add green onions and yellow onion. Sauté 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken, tomato, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, cilantro and cook until chicken is browned.
Add broth, cornmeal and beans. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
Simmer 30 minutes or until chili reaches desired consistency. Reduce heat to low and add milk. stir and cook a few minutes more.
Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, green onions and shredded cheese.
**for South Beach Diet, omit the cornmeal.