My hubby (who hates vegetables) loved this! Very yummy!
- 1 (18oz) tube of sundried tomato and garlic flavored polenta. Cut into 8 (1/4 inch thick) slices.
- 3 ears of shucked corn (I used mushrooms instead of corn)
- 2 large zucchini, halved
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (I used 1 tbsp dried basil)
- 1/2 cup (2oz) shredded fontina cheese (I used mozzarella)
Prepare grill. Brush polenta, corn, pepper, zucchini and onion slices with 3 tbsp vinaigrette. Place polenta and vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray. (I used foil so the mushrooms and onions wouldn't fall through.) Grill 19 minutes or until beginning to char, turning occasionally.
Cut kernals from corn; coarsely chop zucchini, pepper and onion. Combine veggies with tomatoes, basil and 1 tbsp viniagrette. Toss well. Spoon veggie mixture over polenta and top with cheese.
4 servings (2 polenta slices, 1 1/4 cups veggies, 2 tbsp cheese)
From Weight Watchers (points value: 5)
Double the cheese for a value of 7 points.