All 3 phases of the South Beach Diet!
No one will ever guess there are beans in here! While they do have a diet taste, they are absolutely amazing for phase 1 SBD! My 5 year old ate them and said they were yummy. Then he asked for more!
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained (you could use black, but white beans have less 'bean flavor')
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (if you are out of this, double the unsweetened chocolate)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 egg whites or 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup sugar free caramel syrup
- 1/4 agave nectar (or 1/2 cup Stevia)
- 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree. Pour into an 8x8 baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.